Below The Beltway

I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom that America used to believe in.

Prince Charles vs. Ronald McDonald

by @ 7:58 am on March 1, 2007. Filed under Moonbats

Some guy in England named Charles Philip Arthur George Mountbatten-Windsor has decided to take on America’s favorite hamburger selling clown:

Prince Charles today said banning McDonald’s fast food was the key to a healthy lifestyle.

His comments came as he attended the launch of a public health awareness campaign.

Charles, a strong advocate of organic food, was touring the Imperial College London

Diabetes Centre in Abu Dhabi with the Duchess of Cornwall.

He asked nutritionist Nadine Tayara: “Have you got anywhere with McDonald’s, have you tried getting it banned? That’s the key.”

Royal observers said that Charles would have been aware that his comments would be picked by the media.

“He knew there was a reporter there and this is a subject close to his heart,” said one source.

A Clarence House spokesman travelling with the Prince today issued a statement saying: “The Prince of Wales has for a long time advocated the importance of a balanced diet, especially for children.

“In visiting the Diabetes Centre today, he was keen to emphasise the need for children to enjoy the widest variety of food and not to eat any particular sort of food to excess.” This is not the first time that the Prince has stepped into the debate about food. He has previously attacked the amount of genetically modified food being produced.

I haven’t eaten a Big Mac in about nine years, and have no desire to anytime soon. But banning them ? Ridiculous.

Post to Twitter Post to Digg Post to Facebook Post to Reddit Post to StumbleUpon

Comments are closed.

[Below The Beltway is proudly powered by WordPress.]