Another Romney Whisper ?

by @ 10:10 am on January 26, 2008. Filed under 2008 Election, Mitt Romney, Politics

Some bloggers have picked up what they think is a second instance of a whispered prompt to Mitt Romney during Thursday night’s debate.

Here’s the video:

To be honest, I had to listen to this video three or four times before I picked up what people are talking about. In the middle of Romney’s answer, he says “I don’t believe we need any new legislation” then, very, very faintly, it sounds like somone says “support”, and Romney says “I do not support any new legislation”

So, scandal or much ado about nothing ?

On this one, I’ve got to say I think people are looking for something that isn’t there.

Related Posts:

The Romney Whisper

10 Responses to “Another Romney Whisper ?”

1. [...] 1/26/08: Another Romney whisper ?   [...]

2. Carol McKinley says:

Ten most likely suspects of Romney’s whisperer:

Hugh Hewitt
    His favorite author, Ron Hubbard
    Matt Drudge
    His bling-bling mojo adviser, Grillz Nelly
    K-Lo
    Varmit hunter, Elmer Fudd
    Washington outsider, Dick Cheney

3. Dan says:

He is being prompted. How much evidence do you need to say it is at least possible.

4. G says:

Sounds like paper shifting to me.

5. anony says:

THE WHISPERER IS A RECORDING OF ROMNEY’S OWN VOICE – PROMPTING HIMSELF VIA DIGITAL RECORDING DEVICE TO HIS WIRELESS EARPIECE – BUT IT WAS INTERCEPTED BY HIS WIRELESS MIC.

6. Christine Winters says:

You think “people are looking for something that isn’t there”? Then why did you direct us to turn up the volume and listen? I actually heard the muffled word “support” whispered just before Mitt said it.

7. eof says:

“A recording of Romney’s own voice??” How could he be prompting himself while at the same moment answering the question? And how would he know what button to press on his digital recording device so it would say “SUPPORT” at that particular instant???

I guess that might make sense if the candidates are given the questions in advance, but I didn’t think that was the case?? Something smells.

8. Martin McCormick says:

I think it is quite clear what is happening here.

Someone in the audience was prompting him using highly directional speakers. They have developed recently to the point where sound can be projected finely via audio beamforming.

Quoting http://www.holosonics.com
    “The Audio Spotlight is a revolutionary new audio technology that creates sound in a narrow beam, just like light.”

Also see http://www.browninnovations.com

Martin McCormick
    Electrical Engineer
    University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign

9. jason reid says:

Go to http://www.youtube.com/rhyspaulhovey and you will see a victims that is being tortued over this technology right now. He has recordings and show that the FBI is covering him up.

10. jason reid says:

you will never belive this but the reason that they change mid speech is that they can indeed data mine public opinion information, from people’s neurons. They bullcrap this ability in the media to no end. Look up http://www.neurosky.com and you will soon belive. This technology is coming to the video games industry.