As I noted earlier today, the Army had rescinded Major Stefan Cook’s orders to deploy to Afghanistan, a deployment that he had volunteered for only two months ago, after he filed a lawsuit asking for the deployment to be barred because, he claims, Barak Obama is not eligible to serve as President of the United States. One would have thought that would have been the end of it, and indeed the U.S. Attorney’s Office filed a Motion to Dismiss the TRO application as moot.
One would have thought that, but then it’s the Queen Bee of Birtherdom we’re dealing with here.
Instead of realizing that her case is dead, Orly Taitz has instead amended the original Complaint to make it even more bizarre:
Here’s a basic summary of what’s new based on my admittedly cursory initial review of this monstrosity:
1. Prior to volunteering for deployment to Afghanistan, Cook was apparently employed as a government contractor attached to the DOD. His employer has now told him that the DOD does not wish him to return to the facility he was working at, and that there isn’t any where else the company can send him. In other words, Cook has lost his job and possibly his security clearances for filing this piece of crap lawsuit.
2. Orly has added two retired members of the military who are allegedly still subject to recall, but neither of whom has been ordered to deploy anywhere but who allege that they have joined the case because of their interest in seeing the question of Obama’s eligibility resolved.
3. Her prayer for relief is, well, interesting:
WHEREFORE, Plaintiff prays that this Court will enter a Preliminary Injunction upon full-hearing, waiving all bonds or other financial requirements. Specifically, Plaintiff prays that this Court
(1) recognize and respect Plaintiffs’ status, and the status of all persons similarly situated in the United States Army, as conscientious objectors based solely on legitimate doubts concerning the constitutional qualifications and eligibility of the de facto President and Commander-in-Chief, Barack Hussein Obama,
(2) enjoin Defendants Robert M. Gates, as well as Colonels Louis B. Wingate, Wanda L. Good and Thomas D. MacDonald from deploying Plaintiffs or any persons similarly situated to Afghanistan or anywhere on active duty at all until
(3) such time as the constitutional qualifications and eligibility of Barack Hussein Obama to serve as President and Commander and Chief have been established by clear and convincing evidence (which standard of proof befits a constitutional requirement, especially in light of the confusing and conflicting circumstantial evidence set forth in Exhibits E and F).
Essentially she wants to turn the case into a class action and give every member of the military an excuse to disobey orders, not that most of them would take her up on that offer.
4. Once again, Orly has signed the Complaint herself. She’s not admitted to practice in Georgia, and she hasn’t been admitted to pro hac vice in this case either. There’s no local counsel. Does she really think the Judge isn’t going to notice that.
The hearing is on for 9:30 tomorrow:
07/15/2009 This is a text only entry; no document issued.ORDER. The Court will decide Defendant’s presently pending motion to dismiss after hearing argument from the attorneys at the hearing scheduled for 9:30 A.M. on July 16, 2009. Ordered by Judge Clay D. Land on July 15, 2009. (CDL) (Entered: 07/15/2009)
I bet it’ll be fun.