Orly Taitz, Stefan Cook, And The Birther Parade Head To Georgia

by @ 4:48 pm on July 15, 2009. Filed under Barack Obama, Obama Derangement Syndrome, Politics

As I noted earlier today, the Army had rescinded Major Stefan Cook’s orders to deploy to Afghanistan, a deployment that he had volunteered for only two months ago, after he filed a lawsuit asking for the deployment to be barred because, he claims, Barak Obama is not eligible to serve as President of the United States. One would have thought that would have been the end of it, and indeed the U.S. Attorney’s Office filed a Motion to Dismiss the TRO application as moot.

One would have thought that, but then it’s the Queen Bee of Birtherdom we’re dealing with here.

Instead of realizing that her case is dead, Orly Taitz has instead amended the original Complaint to make it even more bizarre:

Cook v. Good MOTION for Preliminary Injunction (#06, July 15, 2009)

Here’s a basic summary of what’s new based on my admittedly cursory initial review of this monstrosity:

1. Prior to volunteering for deployment to Afghanistan, Cook was apparently employed as a government contractor attached to the DOD. His employer has now told him that the DOD does not wish him to return to the facility he was working at, and that there isn’t any where else the company can send him. In other words, Cook has lost his job and possibly his security clearances for filing this piece of crap lawsuit.

2. Orly has added two retired members of the military who are allegedly still subject to recall, but neither of whom has been ordered to deploy anywhere but who allege that they have joined the case because of their interest in seeing the question of Obama’s eligibility resolved.

3. Her prayer for relief is, well, interesting:

WHEREFORE, Plaintiff prays that this Court will enter a Preliminary Injunction upon full-hearing, waiving all bonds or other financial requirements. Specifically, Plaintiff prays that this Court

(1) recognize and respect Plaintiffs’ status, and the status of all persons similarly situated in the United States Army, as conscientious objectors based solely on legitimate doubts concerning the constitutional qualifications and eligibility of the de facto President and Commander-in-Chief, Barack Hussein Obama,

(2) enjoin Defendants Robert M. Gates, as well as Colonels Louis B. Wingate, Wanda L. Good and Thomas D. MacDonald from deploying Plaintiffs or any persons similarly situated to Afghanistan or anywhere on active duty at all until

(3) such time as the constitutional qualifications and eligibility of Barack Hussein Obama to serve as President and Commander and Chief have been established by clear and convincing evidence (which standard of proof befits a constitutional requirement, especially in light of the confusing and conflicting circumstantial evidence set forth in Exhibits E and F).

Essentially she wants to turn the case into a class action and give every member of the military an excuse to disobey orders, not that most of them would take her up on that offer.

4. Once again, Orly has signed the Complaint herself. She’s not admitted to practice in Georgia, and she hasn’t been admitted to pro hac vice in this case either. There’s no local counsel. Does she really think the Judge isn’t going to notice that.

The hearing is on for 9:30 tomorrow:

07/15/2009 This is a text only entry; no document issued.ORDER. The Court will decide Defendant’s presently pending motion to dismiss after hearing argument from the attorneys at the hearing scheduled for 9:30 A.M. on July 16, 2009. Ordered by Judge Clay D. Land on July 15, 2009. (CDL) (Entered: 07/15/2009)

I bet it’ll be fun.

16 Responses to “Orly Taitz, Stefan Cook, And The Birther Parade Head To Georgia”

1. See, it’s for stuff like this that there should be cameras allowed in federal courtrooms. I could always use a good laugh. :)

2. Yea me too.

I’d definately watch a live stream of tomorrow’s hearing.

3. Why do I suspect Dr. Orly is going to be coming out of that courtroom missing large sectors of ass?

4. Charlie says:

I really hope the Federal Court labels her what she is, a vexatious litigant and bars her from bringing any more matters before the Court ever. That should make some Birthers lose it.

5. I hope the judge smacks her down for practicing law in a state she isn’t licensed in

6. Alan says:

All anyone has to do in any case is present credible evidence. Law is based on burden and the burden of proof in this case is upon Barrack Obama – simply provide the evidence and all of this goes away. It only begs for questioning when one is not forthcoming. I (like the soldier) would not want to be ‘on my own’ when it comes to fighting on foreign soil without the protection of the Geneva Convention.

7. Under Hawaiian state and US Federal law, Obama has done exactly that.

The fact that you don’t think it’s sufficient is irrelevant

8. Alan – First off, in our legal system the burden of proof is on the accuser. And second off, the birthers have yet to present anything like credible evidence. All they have are claims of “forged birth certificates from nameless on-line “experts” that only examined the on-line scanned image, claims of Indonesian citizenship that ignore US law and have no supporting evidence, and an edited “tape” from Obama’s stepgrandmother that leaves out the sections where she said he was born in Hawaii.

And if all that fails there’s always de Vattel to quote over and over again.

You’re right, all anyone has to do is present credible evidence. So far the birthers have failed to do so. All the “evidence” they claim holds up to examination as well as tissue paper in a typhoon.

9. Bob Hurt says:

Morons: the person vying for President bears the burden of CLEAR AND CONVINCING proof of qualifications (not the fake birth cert floated on the internet), particularly when so much evidence exists that Obama does not qualify either as a Citizen of the USA OR a natural-born Citizen of the USA. Every American has standing to sue on this issue, for every American suffers injury when he issues executive orders, signs legislation, promotes deficit budgets, and deploys military into theaters of war or conflict. Orly has excellent counsel in Dr. Charles Lincoln, a brilliant and able litigator.

10. Derek says:

Bob, when are you guys going to inform Bobby Jindal that his future presidential aspirations are null and void? Correct me if I’m wrong, but his neither of his parents were US citizens at the time of his birth. Yet, he is considered a presidential prospect. Explain please……

11. Bobby Jindal was born in the United States.

He is, under the accepted definition of the phrase as used in Article II of the Constitution, a natural born citizen.

Case closed

12. Derek says:

You’ll get no argument from me about that Doug.

For the sake of entertainment however, I would like a ‘birther’ to confirm or deny Bobby Jindal.

(I don’t believe that they are capable of either.)

13. Robb Farmer says:

What is wrong with Derek and Doug? Do you people live in some sort of warped world? I think the major issue here is the production of a Barack’s birth certificate. I don’t mean literally fabricating one, but actually bringing forth the long form certificate. This document states the hospital, doctor, and time of delivery. Don’t tell me that the certificate on line has these listed, or that Hawaii didn’t list them. Every state and individual born in this country has these items listed on a NATURAL born citizens birth certificate. Nice try with Bobby Jindal, Derek! Any informed individual knows that a child born to illegalt parents, in the U.S., is automatically a citizen. If you knew this, you would also know why part of California’s problems come from a overburdened social security system. This also brings us to Barack’s school records. Good chance he was classified as a foreign exchange student. I won’t harp on the many secrets that he seems to keep, but I will harp on the central issue here, produce the long form. You liberals must understand that this will never end, until the document is released. If I am wrong, I tip my hat to you. If it goes unanswered, I assure you that no new taxes, under this administration, will be paid by me. I will still pay the current tax law structure, but there isn’t a snowball’s chance in hell of me paying any new taxes. I can only imagine that more people will follow suit. If I am right, well, I don’t think I need to explain the term treason to you. The ramifications could be incomprehensible. How nice would it be if the mainstream media would pull a Dan Rather, and investigate this issue the way he did President Bush’s military record. His military record, to determine if he served in the national guard or not. And all we want to know is if our “President” was born in our country.?????

14. Robb,

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again:

The certificate the Obama HQ provided is what you get if you request a birth document from the state of Hawaii. If that’s not good enough for you, that’s your problem. The man has fulfilled all the legal requirements. End of story.

Now go find a real issue. Surely that’s not too difficult, with this administration?

15. Paul Stokholm says:

Doug,

You are either misinformed or willfully ignorant! The so called “Certificate of Live Birth” which has been provided on the internet does NOT state that Obama was born in Hawaii. It states that he was born but it doesn’t say where. The long for birth certificate which states where he was born, the hospital where the birth took place and the doctor who performed the delivery is available; however, BO has refused to allow it to be released. He obviously is trying to hide something. Why won’t he allow any of his records to be released? The reason is obvious to any rational person — He is a fraud!

16. Dave says:

Birthers rhymes with birchers. This is just more nonsense from the John Birch Society. End of story.