Glenn Beck: Atheists To Blame For All Of America’s Problems

by @ 8:39 am on September 30, 2009. Filed under Dumbasses, Glenn Beck, Politicos & Pundits, Politics

Yea, it has nothing to do with all those religious people who’ve, you know, actually been in charge of the country all these years.

23 Responses to “Glenn Beck: Atheists To Blame For All Of America’s Problems”

1. Robert in SF says:

Yeah, cause the controversial element of the 10 commandments was “thou shall not kill”! Man, what an alarmist douchebag. Wait, that’s an insult to douchebags!

I’m a Christian, and I don’t want the government *promoting* a religion, as it probably won’t be MY religion…it’ll be someone else choice of the religion. Religion is a personal choice, that needs to be made by the person, not endorsed, promoted, and pressured by the government.

Some Christians don’t celebrate Christmas with songs, parties, or gifts. Some other religions don’t celebrate Christmas at all!

Please, someone find a reference to a systemic denial of an individual’s right to pray or sing hymns (without being disruptive that is) in school or in public. Cause I don’t wanna get into this with others and me not be fully informed. I just don’t think there is an example…it’s all “the sky is falling! The sky is falling!”

And as for the kids singing to those tunes…I did not hear the tune of Jesus Loves Me, at all! Wow….desperate! And anyone who thinks about it for a minute will realize it’s easier to teach new songs to kids when it uses the tune of another song they already know! Sheesh!!!! So they sing about the President….better him than rappers or basketball players or movie stars. And all we here are parts of the songs and curriculum…are they scared to show the full context, as it will reveal it’s not some sort of indoctrination but only part of a larger whole in appreciating the accomplishment of minorities or anyone making their way from “poor” to “powerful”?

2. tfr says:

What’s up with Beck lately? He didn’t used to pander to the religious right.

3. Rich Lockwood says:

What a cock!

4. Mike says:

Now cut it out guys, you’ll make poor Glenn cry…

5. peter guinta says:

I thought Beck was kind of a jerk before this, but he’s taken away all doubt now. What a pompous ass. Proof that God does not exist is that rich farts like Beck continue to prosper. I’m a proud atheist and don’t need to fill the void that religion left, ’cause it didn’t leave any. There’s much more time for gardening on Sunday, plus more money in my pocket too.

6. Rip Torn says:

While this is all very interesting, I certainly didn’t see any denials about him [Glenn Beck] and the rape and murder of a young girl in 1990?

7. Tendonut says:

Wait, so we should let religion take control again? That way we will be successful again? Hasn’t the trend been that highly religious countries are…third world countries? Aren’t almost all the atrocities committed in the world in the name of a god? This is the worst advise i’ve ever heard of. Religion brought us the dark ages. Religion brought ignorance. If we go back to the way things were, we will BECOME a third world country.

8. sillyMormon says:

Amazing that mostly secular countries like those in Europe have lower crime rates, higher per capita GDP and income and higher human development index than the US.

You know what I think is the problem in the US.. increase of GLENN BECK. Ever since GLENN BECK has been around in main stream media there has been WAR, ECONOMIC COLLAPSE and political problems. We should have less of GLENN BECK!

9. sillyMormon says:

The first song the children sang was about how everyone is equal regardless of race?? WHAT A TERRIBLE THING TO TEACH KIDS!!!!

10. Let's Be Free says:

The only countries in Europe with a greater per capita GDP than the US in 2008 were Luxembourg, Liechtenstein and Norway. So unless I read Europe to mean a small principality or an oil-laden kingdom (fueled by $150/barrel prices no less) then Silly’s claims about GDP are categorically incorrect.

And keep it up — you all seem to take Glenn Beck a lot more seriously than he takes himself. He is a joker as much as anything; your give him reams of new material. Your attacks leave gaping holes for bombastic counterpoints.

11. The teachers — the ones who taught those kids to sing those creepy songs — were they atheists or Christians?

12. LBF — if Glenn Beck is joking, he’s not signalling that he is. Even Colbert leaves signals that he is being ironic, putting on an act, telling a joke. Beck may be conscious of the fact that he’s overgeneralizing or resorting to hyperbole rather than sober commentary. But he doesn’t seem to be joking at all. And just as important — there is a significant population out there who think he’s being deadly serious.

13. Let's Be Free says:

I understand Transplant. My MIL takes Beck seriously but she also gets his hyperbole and sarcastic wit. And she does horrible things like teach reading and writing to illiterates on death row and take in New Orleans refugees post Katrina. Not everyone who takes Beck seriously is up to no good.

14. Brandon says:

Nobody with half a brain takes this guy seriously. Beck is the ultimate troller getting his lulz as he stirs the pot.

15. Tipster says:

Depends how you calculate GDP. PPP calculations have the US around 3rd. Nominal value calculations have us around 15th. Using the CIA World Factbook numbers, that leaves Norway, Ireland, Denmark, Switzerland, Iceland, Sweden,Netherlands, Finland, Austria, Australia, Belgium above us in GDP per capita. By something like HDI, we’re also around 15th in the world (Canada is #3 on the other hand).

16. Eddie says:

Let’s be Free: You may be right about the GDP, but violent crime rates in most of Europe are a fraction of what they are in the United States. While I don’t personally believe those trends are directly related to religiosity, I wonder how Christians can accuse nonbelievers of rampant amorality with a straight face. Scandinavian countries are some of the safest and most orderly places on the planet. They’re also among the least religious of nations.

17. Stars says:

Isn’t Glenn Beck one of the people claiming “Obama’s America” is looking like “Germany in the 1930s”?

Let’s see… replace “atheist causing all problems” with “Jews cause all problems” and see how acceptable his propaganda would be. So instead of godlessness, just… jesuslessness.

And it’s just plain funny how he thinks no other country has tried to say “we’re this powerful because god is on our side”.

18. Let's Be Free says:

I think people are moral, amoral and immoral. I think those groups cut across believers, non-believers and agnostics. Their are many sources of values and many sets of beliefs. I would just as soon see the whole religious vs. non-religious think dissipate into a sea of tolerance.

I hear what you say about Scandanavia, but you also need a green card to play golf in Sweden — quite literally. Everything is controlled or licensed. Suicide rates are out of sight. We’d probably be pretty darn orderly and safe here too if most everyone was Lutheran or a lapsed Lutheran and most of us had blond hair and blue eyes like my family. I could go on and on….but I’m mostly Swedish so let’s not bash them either.

19. Daniel says:

It gets worse: He gets more and more like the TV host from V For Vendetta

20. Voodoobones says:

I can’t believe that more people are not upset about this! What if he had Jew instead of Atheist? Then I guess people would be upset.

21. mystikphish says:

Wow, what a tool. Now I understand why there’s a rumor that Glenn Beck raped and murdered a young girl in 1990, documented on this website here, http://glennbeckrapedandmurderedayounggirlin1990.com/

22. jade says:

That’s why Germany has always been so peaceful — because of the blondeness. Also the racial purity.

23. BenjuKIN says:

I heard that he raped and killed a girl.

How is glen beck allowed to be on tv at all?