Glenn Beck Goes To War Against Bruce Springsteen

by @ 11:17 am on March 13, 2010. Filed under Celebrities, Dumbasses, Glenn Beck, Music, Politicos & Pundits, Politics

No, really, you’ve got to listen to the latest rant from this loon:

Glenn, Bruce did it better:

16 Responses to “Glenn Beck Goes To War Against Bruce Springsteen”

1. [...] the article here: Below The Beltway » Blog Archive » Glenn Beck Goes To War Against … Tags: against-bruce, bruce, glenn, glenn-beck, latest, loon, mataconis, the-latest, twitter, war [...]

2. Marvin says:

I’m hoping this moron Glenn Beck burns enough bridges that he loses followers and influence… A country where this jerk has influence is a country in danger.

3. Bob Davis says:

And just what part of Glenn’s “rant” do you disagree with? I’ve never been a big Springsteen music fan, so I never paid much attention to the lyrics.

Glenn is pointing out that we use “BITUSA” as a patriotic song, when it’s negative social commentary about the economic and personal effects on an entire generation from the Vietnam War. I don’t want to go too far out on the poetry limb here, but I agree with Glenn.

I much prefer Lee Greenwood.

4. Bob Davis says:

Yo Marvin:

You write, “A country where this jerk has influence is a country in danger”. They said the same thing about Dr. King, too.

Quit bitching about Glenn Beck…if you don’t like him, I have news for you. THERE IS AN “OFF” SWITCH ON YOUR RADIO AND TV. RTFM = Read the Freaking Manual.

Just saying.

5. [...] contenting with bashing The Boss, Glenn Beck also spent last week going after Woody [...]

6. Calling Born In The USA un-American is to deny the proper role of dissent in American politics.

It’s that simple

7. Well, he also declared Justice is unchristian. He is losing it. Visit www,life-and-faith.org to how his logic makes Mother Teresa is a commie.

8. James Young says:

Calling Glenn Beck a “wingnut” is to deny the proper role of patriotism and the existence of an American political philosophy embodied in the United States Constitution and the Declaration of Independence.

9. James Young says:

And Ernesto, he did not “declare[] Justice … unchristian.” He declared socialism masquerading as Christianity unjust, and phony.

Which is most certainly is.

10. Rich Irwin says:

Born in the USA is not anti-American or un-American. It is a perspective on America that is something other than jingoistic.

Speaking of jingoists, funny you should mention Lee Greenwood. Shallow and uninspired.

Dumbasses like Beck will always have dumbasses who defend him. And they have certainly shown up on this blog.

But they’re not right and neither is Beck.

11. Rich Irwin says:

One more thing…

Glenn Beck reminds me of this stupid bitch who ran for Senate in New York with the Conservative Party.

I guess when you get desperate, you invoke Springsteen.

12. wing nut says:

United States Constitution and the Declaration of Independence
    only exists in your low educated american minds the rest of the world feel sorry for you and afraid fort themselves

13. [...] Below The Beltway » Blog Archive » Glenn Beck Goes To War Against Bruce Springsteen [...]

14. Let's Be Free says:

Hey Rich, I’ve liked Beck for years, going back to the days when he appeared on CNN. His interviews there were stimulating and illuminating, and included subjects who cut across the ideological spectrum.

Since moving to Fox Beck has become much more of an advocate and provocateur. On the occasions when I listen to Beck at Fox, I am always entertained and usually learn something which is a lot more than I can say happens when I pay attention to the tripe that usually is strewn about on opinion shows.

Since my view of Beck makes me a dumbass, I have a question to ask you. Where do I turn in my Phi Beta Kappa key? Please identify the time and place. Thank you!

15. tfr says:

> United States Constitution and the Declaration of Independence

What the heck does that mean?
    If you are afraid of current US foreign policy, so are we.
    If you are afraid of what the Constitution and Declaration stand for, well, that would be significant if we were actually following them anymore.

16. Anita C. says:

Not entirely what I was looking for but it was some good reading anyway, guess its a ok that I wasn’t able to search properly or I wouldn’t have found this.