Georgia Congressman Afraid Guam Will Tip Over If Too Many People Live There

by @ 7:07 am on April 1, 2010. Filed under Democrats, Dumbasses, Political Parties, Politics

Ladies and gentleman, I give you Hank Johnson (D, Ga):

Update: Congressman Johnson has issued a clarification:

“I wasn’t suggesting that the island of Guam would literally tip over,” said Johnson. “I was using a metaphor to say that with the addition of 8,000 Marines and their dependents – an additional 80,000 people during peak construction to the port on the tiny island with a population of 180,000 – could be a tipping point which would adversely affect the island’s fragile ecosystem and over burden its already overstressed infrastructure.

“Having traveled to Guam last year, I saw firsthand how this beautiful – but vulnerable island – is already overburdened, and I was simply voicing my concerns that the addition of that many people could tip the delicate balance and do harm to Guam.”

Yea, that explains it.

11 Responses to “Georgia Congressman Afraid Guam Will Tip Over If Too Many People Live There”

1. Justin Bowen says:

I love this little bit from his bio on his House website:

A staunch supporter of public education, he is a graduate of the District of Columbia Public Schools

This is just too easy…

2. ann gooding says:

this only reinforces my stand for private school education and that public school education is in dire straits!

3. Michael Pelletier says:

The “clarification” is funnier than the video. As if he knows what a “metaphor” is… Lucky for him he’s got high school interns who are smarter than he is.

4. zone says:

Maybe it is time the many seen talking and arguing with themselves on street corners, who briefly pause for passer-bys with outstretched hand, do have Representation in Washington.

5. Democrat (rep from GA) Hank Johnson’s slow mental processing is quite obvious while he tries to have a conversation with a Naval flag rank officer and make comments about the population of Guam causing it to tip over. Does he think islands float like boats? He seems to be too stupid to realize that embarrassment would be the only emotion he need deal with. Maybe he can’t help being less than bright. At least he isn’t insane as was Cynthia McKinney who he replaced. The demographics of his area must be pathetic if this is who they elect.

6. I can’t understand why this guy was elected. We definitely need better education in this country, for future congressmen/ women. Maybe they can start a tutoring class for all politicians coming into office, that way they don’t sound stupid, (like Bush did when he was in office). Or just take the alcohol away, that would save taxpayers lots of money. Just for the record; my 9 yr old knows that islands don’t tip. So very sad.

7. Nick Foulds says:

Nothing to do with April 1st, then?

8. Nope, the video was from Congressional Committee hearing on March 26th

9. Karl Shaw says:

What a moron… It must make you wonder how in the world such a person who is so totally lacking in even the basics of common sense could be elected to a public office. Unfortunately, this is an indication of the pitiful quality of representative who are in the government of the U.S.A. The man should be pushing a shovel somewhere away from any serious responsibility…

10. Paul Fisk says:

I am a 39 year old former United States Marine currently on inactive service. Once a Marine always a Marine (Semper Fi!) I have a better idea. Let’s send the 8000 Marines to Georgia to remove this moron from office. I can’t believe this fool is a US Congressman. He truely is an abomination to all this country represents.

11. CHARLIE says:

IF YOU LOWER THE “BAR” LOW ENOUGH …………..IT BECOMES A “DOORMAT.

HE WILL GET RE-ELECTED…..REMEMBER THAT!

CHARLIE RANGEL WILL TOOOOOOOOOOO!