There’s a new CNN/Opinion Dynamics poll out today about the 2012 race, and it shows that President Obama continues to lead all potential Republican challengers:
- Barack Obama 53 vs. Mitt Romney 45
- Barack Obama 54 vs. Mike Huckabee 45
- Barack Obama 55 vs. Sarah Palin 42
- Barack Obama 55 vs. Newt Gingrich 43
Among Republicans, Mike Huckabee has a slight lead over the rest of the field
- Mike Huckabee 24 (+7 since last poll)
- Mitt Romney 20 (-2 since last poll)
- Sarah Palin 15 (-3 since last poll)
- Newt Gingrich 14 (+6 since last poll)
- RonPaul 8 (unchanged)
- Rick Santorum 3 (-2 since last poll)
- Tim Pawlenty 2 (-3 since last poll)
- Mike Pence 2 (-2 since last poll)
- Haley Barbour 1 (unchanged)
In other news, Sarah Palin continues to have sky high unfavorable ratings — 55% view her unfavorably vs. 39% who view her favorably.
And, this is interesting:
Barack Obama 57 % favorable / 41% unfavorable
H. Clinton 61% favorable / 35% unfavorable
A marked change, mostly in Hillary’s favor, from the aftermath of the 2008 Election.
The most interesting thing, though, is that, for the moment at least, Barack Obama leads all of his potential GOP opponents, despite the fact that his approval numbers have been slipping rather consistently over the past few months.