Despite fears earlier this week that she could sneak through, Orly Taitz lost the Republican nomination for California Secretary Of State quite handily:
Over at Popehat Ken has his own theories as to who the almost 375,000 people willing to put a certifiably insane woman on the November ballot might be:
1. 375,000 Californians don’t give a shit and marked the ballot at random.
2. 375,000 Californians agree with the typical California voter stance that strange names are scary, but found “Damon Dun” more scary than “Orly Taitz.”
3. 375,000 Californians are ironic hipster douchebags.
4. 375,000 Californians were annoyed by Damon Dun being a former NFL player, or by his irritating campaign catchphrase (“Dun Dun DUNNNNNNNN!!!!!!“)
5. 375,000 Californians prefer a sack-full-of-crazy Modovan dentist/broker/lawyer who gets sanctioned a lot to a Negro.
6. 375,000 Californians think Barack Obama is concealing his birth in Kenya.
7. Some combination of those.
Take your pick. But just remember, the next time you’re on a crowded street in Los Angeles that the guy in a the car next to you may have voted for Orly Taitz.
I’ll stay in Virginia now that I think about it.
Update: To make it worse, Orly Taitz received more votes than either Chuck DeVore or Tom Campbell, who were challenging Carly Fiorna for the nomination to face Barbara Boxer.